Taking classes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8-12 doesn’t seem so bad… Until you realize you have a class at 8:00 am on a Monday morning.
Disclaimer: I’m generally not a “coffee person.” That being said, I do enjoy the occasional cup of joe, but it’s not generally a part of my morning routine.
BUT, it is Monday and I have a week full of classes, a week full of homework, a week full of work, and life, and all the stresses that come with it, so today…. Coffee.
Here are some fool-proof tips for making your Monday a little more bearable:
- Hit snooze! Give yourself that extra 10 minutes you so desperately need… Even if that means wearing your hair in a bun. You deserve it.
- Exercise! Don’t laugh. Even if it’s something as small as stretching, it’s a great way to get your blood pumping and wake your body up.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Getting to class and realizing you forgot to eat is the worst. Actually, there’s nothing worse than hearing your stomach grumble and having everyone else realize you forgot to eat. Do yourself a favour and avoid this soul-crushingly awkward moment by taking the time to fuel your body with a healthy meal!
- Plan ahead. Lay out your outfit and pack your lunch/backpack on Sunday night before you fall asleep. The less you have to stress about in the morning, the more time you have to focus on waking yourself up and preparing for the week.
- Make a list (mental or otherwise) of things you’re excited about this week. Monday is a fresh start, and you’re one day closer to your favourite show on Wednesday, or the amazing meal you’re planning to make on Thursday. This way, you’re starting off your week with positive thoughts! It will definitely make a difference in the long run.
- Dress for success. Although you may want to throw on your baggiest sweatpants and an old t-shirt, wearing your favourite outfit will make you feel much better. Being complimented on your outfit first thing is not only a great start to the week but will also make you feel more comfortable and confident. Look good, feel good!
- Do something nice for someone else. Even if it’s something as small as holding the door for someone, or complimenting a stranger. Being kind to someone else will not only help them but improve your mood as well! One small act of kindness can change the overall mood in the room and lift everyone’s spirit. This is a nice way to start off the day and keep you feeling great all week.
- Smile. Last but not least, smile! Smile when you wake up, while looking at yourself in the mirror, smile at your mum, your dog, or anyone! Smiles are contageous and studies show that even faking a smile can improve your overall mood. So smile and get ready for another wonderful, stressful, amazing, confusing, and magnificent week.
Hopefully these tips will help you to start off your week on a positive note… Or just as positive as Monday can possibly be.
But first, coffee.
How cute is my new Inside Out mug?! It was only $12 at the Disney Store and the back reads “What-Ever!”
I feel you, Disgust… I feel you.